PAdi Open Water Course $699
Why choose Dive Now to start your Underwater Adventure?
- Professional & fun dive team
- Max 6 students per instructor
- All dive gear included
- High quality SCUBA equipment for training
- Neutral buoyancy training, no kneeling on the bottom nonsense
- 2 dives at the Poor Knights
- Location in central Whangarei with on-site training pool
- Dry Suit option
standard course schedule
Home study (8 -10 hours)
|Open Water Diver Course eLearning (Theory). 11 and 12 year olds still to use paper manual, will need an extra theory session with instructor.|
Monday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM
|Theory re-enforcement and introduction to the equipment. Swim test and snorkelling|
|Wednesday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM||First Pool Session on SCUBA. Skills circuit|
|Monday night 5.30PM - 10.00 PM||Second Pool Session on SCUBA, more skills and gaining confidence|
|Saturday, Times to be confirmed||Two Open Water ocean dives, (lake, if the sea conditions are unfavorable). Times will vary depending on tides and the dive site. Usually a 6 hour day.|
|Sunday 7.00AM - 5.30 PM||Two Open Water dives at the famous Poor Knights islands, (valued at $190).|
|If at any time you are uncomfortable or feel you need any extra time, we are happy to provide this. We pride ourselves in producing high quality divers who have the confidence and skills to go diving safely with their buddy!!|
Before you start the course
- You must fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive
- You have to complete the theory course. This takes about 10 hours for the online theory (eLearning).
- You need to be able to swim 200 metres continuos in our pool
- You need to be able to float or tread water for 10 minutes in our pool
- A minimum age of 10 years applies. Every student under the age of 12 needs to complete the theory using the paper manual.
- Every student under 18 needs to have a parent or a guardian sign a consent form
Students younger than 15 years of age will attain a Junior Open Water Scuba Diver certification which has some restrictions. Max depth 12m and must dive with an adult. (11 and 12 year olds can only dive with a dive professional, parent or guardian with a dive certification).
Group bookings, private courses or pick your own dates?
If you have a group of 3 or more, you can pick your own dates for the course without paying anything extra! Or if you would like a private course for yourself and your partner or just for you, that’s possible as well! For all group, school and private course bookings, please contact us to discuss details and pricing! Private courses are a lot more affordable than you might think!
What to expect once you book your course
We will send you an information pack with everything you need to know for the course. We will also send you out information regarding your PADI eLearning login and registration.
It is important that you complete the medical form and get clearance from your doctor if you answered "YES" to any of the forms before redeeming your PADI code as this is non refundable.
Leave yourself enough time to complete the PADI eLearning prior to the course start date.