PAdi Advanced Open Water $699
The Next Step in Diving
Diving like any pastime requires practice to perfect existing skills and to learn new ones. This is where the PADI Advanced Open Water Course comes in. Most people assume that the PADI Advanced Open Water Course is for 'advanced' divers due to it's slightly misleading name.
What the course is really about is growing an Open Water diver's skill base through five fun filled open water dives and through the PADI reading material and Knowledge Reviews. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives.
The dives that can be conducted on the course are:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Navigation
- Deep Dive (to maximum of 30m)
- Night Dive
- Wreck Dive
- Search and Recovery
- Underwater Photography/Videography
- Fish ID
- Dry Suit (pool orientation is required for this)
Each dive is actually Dive 1 from a PADI Specialty course, so the skills that are taught are a taster of the skills that can be learned on the full specialty courses that are available.
By taking part in this course you will not only gain confidence in your diving ability but gain the freedom to take part in a wide variety of fun dives.
This course emphasises student involvement in all aspects of dive planning and gives them the ability to safely plan the dives independently once the course is finished.
If you are unsure about what interests to follow in diving or just want to improve your skills then this is the course for you.
Cost: $699 | 2 days | Includes a trip to the Poor Knights
Cost includes all PADI training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
- PADI Openwater Diver or equivalent
- Recent diving experience or a recent refresher session in our pool
Before you start the course:
- Before you start the course you must read the PADI Advanced Open Water manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews. You'll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally you'll train using your own equipment but all equipment can be provided free of charge if necessary.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.