PADI Rescue Diver Course $499
Rewarding and Fun
Rewarding and fun best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course gives you valuable hands-on experience in emergency management, problem solving and prevention. You’ll learn to perform diver assists and rescues, manage dive accident scenarios and render first aid.
These are the skills that can make all the difference in the unlikely event of an underwater emergency. Although challenging, many divers say this is the best course they've ever undertaken.
We understand you have a busy lifestyle and your leisure time is important to you so we will be moving to "eLearning", on-line study that you can do on your Laptop or Tablet device in your own time. The theory part must be completed before we begin the in-water training.
What you will learn on the course:
- Self Rescue
- How to identify a potential problem and reacting before it becomes unsafe
- Recognising and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Dive accident scanarios
Cost: $699 | 2 days | Includes a trip to the Poor Knights Islands
Cost includes all PADI training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
- PADI Openwater Diver or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years of age for Junior Rating
- Recent diving experience or a refresher session in our pool
Before you start the course:
- You must read the PADI Rescue Diver manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews. You'll be pleased to know that there is no Final Exam on this course.
- You have to fill out a medical questionnaire to check whether you are fit to dive.
- Ideally you'll train using your own equipment but all equipment can be provided free of charge if necessary.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.