PADI Tec 45 Course $999
The PADI Tec 45 course is part 2 of 3 from the PADI Tec Deep Course.
The course focuses on giving you the skills needed to safely conduct an open circuit technical decompression dive to 45m using a single decompression gas of upto 100% O2 for accelerated decompression with your team.
Successful candidates will not only be qualified to conduct decompression dives to a max depth of 45m, but more importantly, the course builds on skills learnt on the Intro to Tech and Tec 40 courses, so you will be comfortable using twins with different gas mixes in your stage cylinders.
What you will learn on the course:
- Hyperoxic gas mixes for decompression
- Nitrogen absorption and elimination
- Psychological aspects
- Decompression Options
- Technical Equipment - twins
- Stage cylinder rigging and labelling
- Dive Tables v Computers
- Dive planning
- Surface support
In water skills include:
- Buoyancy control
- Finning techniques
- Gas switching as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Rescue skills
Cost: $999 | From 4 days | Excludes the cost of any trip to the Poor Knights Islands
Cost includes all PADI training, certification and study materials. Any specialist equipment will be provided by the student for the duration of the course.
- PADI Openwater Diver or equivalent
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 50 or more logged dives
- Rescue diver qualification
- Nitrox qualification with a minimum of 12 dives using enriched air nitrox deeper than 18m
- Deep Diver qualification with a minimum of 6 dives deeper than 30m
- Tec 40
- Current dive medical We have found that candidates will get a lot more from their course if they have a strong foundation to start with. So having training and experience diving twin cylinders, plus the skill to back fin and hold their position in the water will aid them through this course and beyond.
About your Instructor
Simon has been an active technical diver since 2014. Since then, he has dived extensively in New Zealand and around the world. His Technical training was conducted in New Zealand by Tom Crisp and Andrew Simpson and his Tec Deep Instructor training by legendary wreck and technical diver Pete Mesley.
He has been lucky enough to dive some of the worlds best wrecks and reefs - Wrecks including the WWII wrecks of Truk Lagoon, SS Coolidge in Vanuatu, our own Mikhael Lermontov in Marlborough, plus ex HMNZ Waikato and Canterbury here in Northland Reefs including Komodo National Park, Great Barrier Reef, Red Sea, Maldives, plus our own Poor Knights and Fiordland and many more.
- Classroom theory sessions 2 × 4 hours
- Confined water pool sessions 1 × 3 hours
- Open Water Dives – 4 dives, with 2 of these being deeper than 30m. These are usually at the Poor Knights, these will incur a charter boat cost.
Transportation is not provided by Dive Now Whangarei, but we do our best to help organise car pooling to the dive sites.
Required Equipment available for purchase or rent from Dive Now
- Twin cylinders with Isolation Manifold
- Stage cylinder
- Wing and harness with suitable lift for diving conditions
- Twin regulators with long hose configuration (DIN)
- Stage regulator (ideally DIN)
- 1x Mixed gas decompression dive computer
- 1x Back up computer
- Mask and Fins
- Suitable exposure suit for depth and environment
- 1 x DSMB and reel
- 1x cutting device
- Wet notes
- Primary light
- Back up light
- Back up mask
Once you complete the course, you will have plenty of opportunity to practice your skills on our regular dive trips.